Tripping the Rifts Achievement
The achievement is now very easy to complete, all you have to do is defend the cities to kill the 4 types of Elementals.
- Earth and Fire elementals are found in Ironforge for Alliance, and Orgrimmar for Horde.
- Wind and Water elementals are found in Stormwind for Alliance, and Thunder Bluff for Horde.
Invasion preparationBefore every invasion event starts, a herald will yell, warning players and citizens about incoming danger. At this time, players are instructed to grab barricades/sandbags from stockpiles around their major city and place them in zones directed by a red arrow. Low-level players unable to participate in this event are instructed to evacuate to the nearest portal activated by several guards. When all barricades are placed or 5 minutes have elapsed, the battle against the invasion begins.
Combating the invasionAll of the districts of the major city will be attacked by elementals spawning from opened rifts. Every elemental has about 320,000 HP and every rift will spawn elementals until 32 are destroyed. Several citizens are trapped in these districts and must be freed by an provided by Earthen Ring Defenders. Players must clear the city of every rift and rescue every citizen within an hour in order to win the event.
After players defeat 32 elementals surrounding a rift, the rift will close and a buff will be applied to all players nearby:
|Fire||Ironforge||Orgrimmar||Stacking damage debuff|
|Earth||Chance to restore 2% HP|
|Water||Stormwind||Thunder Bluff||+15% Power Regained|
|Wind||50 haste rating for 10s|
- Unlike other phased events such as Battle for the Undercity, Operation: Gnomeregan, or Zalazane's Fall, you are not buffed into invulnerability against these powerful mobs. If you are assaulting a rift by yourself or with a few players without a healer present, only attack one elemental at a time.
- Bring an unbinding totem provided by the Earthen Ring Defenders with you. If your allies get trapped by an elemental, they must be freed or healed immediately or they might die within the time of the prison's stun.
- The elementals' prisons are cast in a frontal AoE cone. It has a very short range, so it is possible to avoid it by simply running away during the cast.
After the invasionIf an hour has elapsed since the start of the event, Earthen Ring Defenders will intervene and suddenly halt the invasion, removing all elementals from the city. However, players will not benefit and will have to wait until the next event occurs.
If players successfully secure a major city, two portals are available to enter for the next 30 minutes to fight one of the four lieutenants commands: